Job Placement through Employment Services
The central effort of the Skills’ mission is to help individuals with disabilities find meaningful, gainful community-based employment. Through hard work and diligence, the people Skills supports are able to achieve professional success and build long-lasting ties and relationships within the community.
Since 1987, Skills of Central PA, Inc, has helped hundreds of people with disabilities find employment in their communities. Skills strives to understand what kind of work that you want and the skills that you have to offer, and Skills works with local companies to get you employed in the field of your choice.
Through the years, Skills has developed relationships with scores of local businesses who know and understand what you have to offer.
Skills Employment Services Departments are here to help in many ways. Here’s how:
- Vocational assessments and/or community-based career assessments can be conducted to determine your interests and abilities, thus helping you to discover where you may be most successful in the workforce.
- Job Developers work closely with you to research employment opportunities and employers in your community to make the best possible match.
- The Skills Employment Services team works with you to best prepare you for the interviewing and hiring process.
- Once a job is secured, an Employment Training Specialist will work with you, to the extent necessary, to prepare and train you for the position.
- And, as needed, the Employment Training Specialist will conduct periodic follow-up visits to ensure that you are maximizing your abilities for you and your employer.
Skills Employment Services can offer you much more. Other services may include providing interpretation services, recommending assistive technologies, aiding in overcoming transportation barriers, and answering questions pertaining to SSI, SSDI, and related issues.
If you are interested in working in your community, please consider Skills of Central PA, Inc. as your provider for Employment Services. Simply contact your Support Coordinator or Case Manager and ask them to refer you to Skills, or call the Skills Employment Services office nearest you and we’ll help get you started.
Skills has offices to serve you at the following locations:
|Blair County||4601-A Cortland Avenue
|Cambria County||957 Rowena Drive
|1425 Scalp Avenue, Suite #60
|Centre County||2593-1 Clyde Avenue
|Lycoming County||701 Allegheny Street, Box 1
Learn more about the resources and supports available to make your competitive employment goal a reality at www.worksforme-pa.org — then let Skills be your provider of choice.